Sunday, January 16, 2011

Week 2

Here we are again with another installment of the 52 Weeks Project. And, again, it's technically not week 2, but actually week 3. I can see that this is becoming a pattern.


We headed outside today to give Quinn his first experience with snow. In summary, he hated it. He did fine until I thought it would make a really cute picture if all three of us were laying in the snow making snow angels. I instructed Will where to go, made a spot for myself and then plunked little Angel Quinn down and flapped his arms and legs a couple times. And that's precisely when he started bawling. Oops! Charlie snapped a picture anyway, which looked totally weird and so I deleted it. So all that for nothin'. Poor Quinn. After that, I tried to show him how fun it was but there was no going back. Charlie took him inside and Will and I stayed outside and played.

I always dread going out to play in the snow. First of all, I HATE being cold. Second, it's so much work to get myself and two kids bundled up for such a short time. I know, I'm lazy. But every time I get out there, I'm glad I did. We ended up having a blast! We chased each other and had a snowball fight. Then we decided it would be really fun to go down the slide and land in a big pile of snow. Will had a brilliant idea that we could throw snowballs at the person who was going down the slide. We took turns sliding and pelting each other with snowballs.Will and I agreed that we should really do this more often.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a blast, I know the feeling of more work to get yourself and kids ready..but definitely worth it when you do. Cute pic also :)

    ReplyDelete