Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Week 1

I have been inspired by my super talented and sweet friend Kelly Gorney to take on the 52 Weeks project. Since I'm often the one behind the camera, I have tons of pictures of everyone else with my kids, but few of myself. It's time to do something about that! So every week in 2011, I will stick myself in front of the camera with my boys. A lot of times I get caught up in thinking that everything has to be perfect in order to take on a project like this. I'm not a gifted photographer, my house is not spotless, I don't have a closet full of super cute clothes to wear for our pictures - I could go on and on. In attempt to give a giant middle finger to my crippling perfectionism, I'm doing it anyway! And without further ado....

*drum roll please*


Waa waaaaa *muted trumpets*

I can explain. First of all, this was taken on Sunday, which I realize this is technically week two and normally would have caused me to ditch the whole thing for all of 2011 because I missed the first week by a day. (You think I'm kidding?) So... there is a victory in that. Second, we were all sick last week. Poor Quinn had an ear infection, sinus infection and green ooze seeping from his bloodshot eyes. He was just miserable, but still managed to stay smiling and happy. He is such a little trooper. My throat felt like I swallowed a pool ball wrapped with barbed wire that sprouted vines up to my ears. Not pretty, as you can see I have documented here. I was still determined to stick with this though so we gathered in the one clean room in the entire house, set up the camera and kept it real. At least there is room for improvement, right?

5 comments:

  1. Love it!! We started Project 365!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait for more updates..proud of ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 365?! You are one ambitious lady, Faye! I need to check your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAAAAAY! You have a blog! And we finally fixed our wireless router so the internet doesn't crash every time I go to a blog! It all coincides quite nicely. Commence internet stalking....NOW!

    And I'm with you on pictures--we did better last year, but I think that means I have like 10 for the whole year instead of 1 or 2. And those 10 are unflattering at best. But hey, if you take 52, you're bound to get a good one in there somewhere, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaw, Maeby!!! I miss your behind. I feel a little better about internet stalking you now that you can stalk me back. It's only fair.

    ReplyDelete