Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 4/Quinn's Birthday/Playoffs/Other Stuff

Yeah.... that should about cover it.

So, week four! And we actually got a picture on time. I just didn't post it on time. Go figure. We had a busy week. We kicked it off with Quinn's first birthday. Aaaw. His party was supposed to be on the 22nd, but we postponed it due to inclimate weather. In other words, we were afraid the roads were too crappy for our family traveling from Iowa. I whipped up some cupcakes and a really, REALLY frightening Wilton 3-D Rubber Ducky cake (more on that another day) and we had a little party with just the four of us.

Can you have too many pictures of a baby eating a cupcake? Of course not!

Not quite sure what to think of our lovely serenade.

Fire! Fire! Heh heh.


First taste of frosting. I'm afraid we have a sweet tooth on our hands.

"Seriously. Have you guys tried this? It's SO good!"

"Whoa! You can eat the part that holds the frosting!"

Our official week four picture.

Later that night, our old neighbors came over to cheer on the Steelers with us! Charlie and Ed are convinced that Charlie and I produce children whose mere presence in the world impacts the Steelers' chances of making it to the Super Bowl. I would like to say that I'm sure they are joking, but I really can't. (Especially considering the fact that they requested we all wear the same clothes, sit in the same places and eat the same food we had for the game the week before.) The Steelers won the Super Bowl the year Will was born and though Quinn was alive for last year's, he wasn't born in time for the playoffs. It matters, don't you know? Anyway, if I should ever decide that I would like to have another child, I think this is my best argument if I want to persuade Charlie.

Happy Steelers fans.

You may have noticed in the picture of Will above, he was wearing a Chiefs jersey. He claims he's a fan, but I think he mostly just really enjoys being disagreeable. So, how do you motivate a child to cheer for the team you desperately want to win? Well, you tell him that if the Steelers win, he can give his father a wedgie.

Look for our parenting book in your local Barnes & Noble... never.

A heat wave hit Kansas City last week and melted the snow enough to make it perfect for building a snowman.


We filled the middle of the week with two trips to the doctor's office, a strep diagnosis for Quinn and lots of snuggles for the poor little guy. Then we wrapped everything up with Quinn's official birthday party. It was low key, which was nice. Mom and Marv, Cindy, Dan, Evan and Zach and Ms. Karen came. We had Quinn's favorite - pizza - for lunch and then, of course, more cake. This time I called in the experts and, boy, am I glad I did. How stinking cute is this cake?


Quinn got his very own soft blankie made by Mana and Papa.

Just for fun, here is Will when he got his soft blankie on his first birthday.


Whew. Told ya... busy week! These two had the right idea.



2 comments:

  1. LOVE all the birthday pics! I can't believe how much he's starting to look like his big bro. Absolutely adorable!!! Happy Birthday little man (whom we still haven't met which really disappoints me)!! We'll see you briefly this weekend though...YAY! GO STEELERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Erin, this is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing! I am "following" you so I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete